We are a learning and technology organization that exists to make it easier and easier for anyone to be a disciple who makes disciples.
“And it shall be said, ‘Build up, build up, prepare the way, remove every obstruction from my people’s way.’” – Isaiah 57:14
We work to remove the roadblocks that are getting in the way of disciple makers through:
- Technology that serves the oral learning majority with limited and heavily censored internet.
- Shared learning about the disciple making movement process and resource development so that no one has to start for scratch.
We’re an open and anonymous technology project with partners in different organizations. Open means anyone can see and use these resources, and anonymous means we don’t talk – online or in person – about who is working on the project.
Although we invest heavily in technology, we value being offline first and foremost. We know relationships are the key to making disciples who make disciples. One person leads to a family, families lead to towns, towns lead to entire cities and beyond!
We Love Oral Learners
There are a lot of options available for people who like to read the Bible. The technology at The DMM Platform is made exclusively for those who learn best by hearing the Bible in the language they speak.
- One third of the world cannot read the language they speak.
- Another third of the world chooses to learn through non-written methods.
- Together, two thirds of the world – 4 billion people – are oral learners.
The Last Are First
We prioritize those with the lowest skill level, limited internet and least amount of opportunities in this world.
Right now it’s harvest time, and by designing for the least common denominator, movements can expand much more rapidly because people who might otherwise be on the sidelines can join in. When anyone has the potential to lead, movements are not dependent on the effort of a few talented and charismatic leaders.
Content and technology is made for those with the lowest skill level and opportunity and, we believe, this reflects the reality of the Kingdom.
“Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.” Luke 6:20
“At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, ‘I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.’” Luke 10:21
It seems from these verses that those who are poor and didn’t finish high school have a head start in the Kingdom, and we’ve seen them become disciple makers and their homes and communities transformed!
“I didn’t think this would work on my phone, but it does, and it’s like you made it just for me!”
“I could never understand a religious lesson, and now I can start a new church!”
We are a member of the Body of Christ and that goes beyond the lines of organizations or locations. Instead of growing our organization larger, we look to stay lean and create more impactful Kingdom Partnerships and to work across organizations while focusing on our unique calling.
Each year it is getting easier and cheaper for companies and countries to monitor the use of the internet. We collect as little data as possible and aim to leave little to no trace on the internet while creating technology that is easy to use and on devices people already have.
Data leaks and hacking are becoming more and more common, and we humbly work under the assumption that we are not invincible and the technology will be hacked. This assumption helps us make more resilient technology. We also involve cyber security professionals at the beginning and end of our development process to create technology that is difficult to compromise.
We partner with those who are believing for and working for disciples who make disciples and churches that make churches in a specific people group. Most Brand Admins use Discovery Bible Studies (DBS) but multiplication, not method, is the shared value we are looking for.
Statement of Faith
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy; and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and his personal return in power and glory.
- The Salvation of lost and sinful man through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Unity of the Spirit of all true believers, the Church, the Body of Christ.
- The Resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Connect, Get Help and Get Updated
We would love to hear from you!
Email us at [email protected] or send us a message on Threema (Threema ID: EAYXXA5X).
Say hello, give feedback or get help with the content or technology.